This Ixwebhosting review site is hosted with Ixwebhosting.com. All their secret is revealed via our real life testing. To fully understand a web host, you need to get into it and test it inside out. That is what we belief in, get real experience and run some field test, all web hosting reviews are based on true facts and not prediction. This is what differentiates this review site from the others and make us the best review blog today. We have self-owned shared hosting account with Ix web hosting, we pay for our web hosting plan, and we host few websites with Ix web hosting right now. That is 100% real reviews and based on real facts and experience.
So far we have posted more than 200 Ix review articles, fully based on our testing and research finding, and this is the best it can be. Off course, all these reviews are provided free right here, and anyone can refer to the information. We have Ix web hosting uptime and downtime stat provided free too. View it to see what is our Ix website uptime percentage and how good is their web hosting services.
Ixwebhosting Review: Who is Ixwebhosting.com?
This is a famous web hosting company. Their hosting price is affordable, hosting quality is great and has been around since 1999 and offering great web hosting services until now. They are now with Linux and Windows hosting plans, three variety of shared web hosting plans to choose from. They are now offering VPS hosting plans and highly reliable cloud hosting services too. They are now more than just budget service provider and became a very professional company over the many years.
Ixwebhosting Review: Is Ixwebhosting Any Good?
We know their web hosting quality is one of the best and our websites hosted with their shared web hosting are receiving great uptime rating. Website speed, quality, and uptime are above expectation and we are happy with the service quality. Ix web hosting is unique and they give a lot of dedicated IP address. Their shared hosting package with 15 dedicated IP and 3 free domains is irresistible. All these cost more than $200 dollars per year, and you are getting them for free when hosting with Ix hosting. No wonder, they are now preferred by more than 500,000 websites.
Ixwebhosting review on feature specification.
As we mentioned, we are hosting with Ix web hosting for many years and using their services. For this, we know their web hosting features, their features and tools provided. We know everything about them, what new features being introduced, and what they have been improving for recent years. Via our Ix web hosting reviews we witness their system improvement, new VPS hosting and new cloud hosting introduced, and many more.
Here are their shared hosting plan and features:
- Unlimited storage space, bandwidth and domains.
- Free 15 IP addresses, 3 domain names, website builder and 1-click installer.
- Free domain security scanning and redundant network routing.
- Including $75 Google Adwords, $50 Miva ads, $25 Yahoo search and marketing videos.
- 24/7 technical support with dedicated support representative.
- 99.9% network uptime & anytime money back guarantee.
Ixwebhosting review on VPS web hosting.
They are launching this VPS hosting plan at year 2009! We trust them and it’s been offering excellent service uptime, good customer service, and feature rich web hosting. Is their VPS web hosting plan any good and should we upgrade to these plan? Here is what $29.95 dollars can buy you:
- 1 CPU core with 384 MB guaranteed RAM.
- 10 GB disk storage and 500 GB data transfer.
- Host unlimited domains.
- Free 2 dedicated IP addresses.
- Complete root and admin access.
Refer to diagram below for all three VPS plans features and comparison. Choose the plan that met your budget and start from the smaller plan for best value for money. Upgrade is available and user account can be upgraded to bigger or downgrade to lower plan at user preference.
Ixwebhosting review on VPS advantages.
What are the advantages to host with VPS web hosting plan and why to upgrade from shared hosting?
- It offers full server access, configuration and admin control. This allows software installation and server rebooting at any time.
- It is more superior compare to shared hosting. It offers better uptime and performance.
- Your hosting space is not shared with any other users. This is independently own web hosting environment and hence guarantee higher level of security.
- With faster website, Google love it and rate it higher in search ranking.
- More visitor can visit your site and at faster loading speed.
For a small price upgrade, user can choose to upgrade to VPS plan and received the benefits and advantages. When your site is growing in scale and traffic, a new VPS plan upgrade is the best choice and it’s not expensive when choosing this VPS package which is designed according to user budget.
Ixwebhosting review on cloud hosting service.
During 2010, virtual private server (VPS) hosting is the big thing, lots of web hosting companies jump in and start offering VPS hosting plan. They do offer VPS hosting plan too, and you can view their VPS hosting plan for comparison. This year 2011, there is a new big thing, and it’s named the cloud hosting service. What is cloud web hosting and why is more and more web hosting companies are offering this?
Ix cloud hosting offers the best redundancy and best performance. It offers total control and flexibility of a dedicated server. Quality of services and service uptime are the best too. It also allows root access to websites, Internet service, SQL, software application, and infrastructure service.
After we checked and compare cloud with the other cloud hosting plan, clearly we see the different now. Their cloud hosting plan is a cloud VPS hosting plan, you have combination of VPS hosting feature with redundancy of cloud web hosting. That is rock solid VPS hosting plan in short!
Ixwebhosting review on control panel.
There are some improvement to Ix web hosting control panel here and there, we are witnessing some changes in the pass few months. In our previous Ix control panel reviews, we stated that control panel allows multiple account management; from here you get to manage all your web hosting accounts and domain name registered with Ix web hosting. If you have many hosting account like we do, you can log in to Ix control panel and manage all your hosting accounts at once, it just like WHM control panel that allows you to edit current web hosting accounts you have.
Next, there are new features added to Ix web hosting control panel, from the left you can see there is quick link to ix product page. Buy more product or domain name made easy, you can upgrade to VPS hosting plan and order it from Ix control panel too. There is new marketing centre and business centre added to the menu too. Ix marketing centre is where you get all the free marketing credits for online PPC advertising, including Miva, Google Adwords and yahoo marketing.
There is new Ix status blog link included too, this blog is updated with server maintenance schedule and any downtime occurs to web server. If your website is down at anytime, you can log in and get to this Ix status blog to check on your web hosting server downtime status if any. The Ix support team with live chat is available at CP and ready to assist you too.
Ixwebhosting review on customer support.
They are now offering dedicated support hero for their customer, regardless you signup $3.95 hosting plan or the $7.95 hosting plan, you are getting dedicated support hero for your account!
We recall few weeks ago, we get the dedicated customer support in our Ix control panel. We are assigned to a support team, and there is profile of them and contact person to reach for when we need it. It’s what they referring dedicated support team for their customers. Its great, we have try that before, contact the support team for assistant, and they are very specialized in helping us. That’s the advantage of having a dedicated support team, its highly specialized!
Now, they are featuring dedicated support at homepage, and now its one of the feature that differentiates them from other web hosting company. You can’t find dedicated support for other web hosting plan that you have, compare it with Hostgator Bluehost Hostmonster etc, can you get the same dedicated support team? Not!
Ixwebhosting Review: Is Ixwebhosting sucks or not?
If your websites is hacked recently, you are welcome to post all about it here. Tell us which of your websites being hacked, and the server that you reside on. This information will greatly help other people too.
If you are hosting with them, these are the extra thing that you can do to protect your websites from getting hack (again). For example grant FTP login for your IP range, and blocking FTP access from other IP. More website security precaution that your website can take is to use the most updated software version, example the latest WordPress version. Use secure password with strong combination for your website login, FTP accounts, and hosting account. Do not install insecure web script or apps or plug-in. And make sure they are updated as well.
Tell us which of your websites getting hacked, when, and how (if you find out how). Once again, this information will greatly help others. Share it here!
Ixwebhosting review on affiliate program. This affiliate program pays up to $150 dollars per sales, for each successful customer that you sent to them. They are now paying from $50 dollars to $150 dollars; you earn more for the bigger hosting sold. If you sent in 10 customers each month, you can earn from $500 to $1500, it depend on which hosting plan your customer chose.
Ixwebhosting DNS domain name server for new website. We having few hosting account with them and from setup email that we received, following are the pair of domain name servers that we am suppose to use:
- Primary name server: ns7.ixwebhosting.com
- Secondary name server: ns8.ixwebhosting.com
Following are few of their DNS, there might be more. Thus, you should refer to your account setup email and use the designated DNS record, and so your website can be hosted here.
Web hosting service is nothing but an internet hosting service, through which the hosts can make their website accessible to the users through the World Wide Web. The space on a server is provided by the web hosting companies to their clients. They also provide internet connectivity in a data center.
The uses of web hosting services can vary greatly. The most common uses are web page and small-scale file hosting. These files are transferred through File Transfer Protocol, i.e. FTP or a Web interface, with minimum processing. Web hosting can also be obtained from other service providers. Personal website hosting is generally free of cost or advertisement-sponsored. However, business website hosting is more expensive comparatively depending on its size or type of the website.
Generally there are four main types of web hosting: Shared, Virtual, Dedicated and Cloud Hosting.
- Shared hosting: Many websites are placed on the same server. These numbers of websites can vary from a few hundreds to thousands. These types of services can be quite basic in terms of software and updates. These shared web hosting companies often provide hosting for clients.
- Virtual Private Server hosting: This kind of hosting divides a server into virtual servers. Here, actually every website is sharing their server with other users, but, it seems like the websites are hosted on their own dedicated server. Web sites which require better control at the server level, but, do not want to invest in a dedicated server use this kind of hosting.
- Dedicated Server hosting: Here, a website can rent an entire server and thus has maximum control over the web server.
- Cloud Hosting: A team of servers work together to host a group of websites.
Apart from web hosting, these services have other utilities as well:
- Storing files: Many service providers offer the service of storing files through web hosting. A website might require to host files on internet, like, video streaming, podcasting, hosting a game, pictures, images, etc. A website owner may use the web space which is allotted for the web hosting plan. Another option for storing your files is to use, remote file storage websites. This will help to save the bandwidth of the website owners, as they are not hosting their own files anymore.
- Storing Backups: Backup of the websites can be created very easily using cPanel. However, for smaller accounts, which are under 500MB, backups can be created with just one click. In case of accounts of size over 500MB, for creating fully automatic backups, files and databases have to be backed up separately.
- FTP sharing: FTP or File Transfer Protocol is used to upload or download files from a hosting account. It is an easy way of transferring files to the server as, all the files can be dragged to the folder on the server at once. One can connect FTP to the server through programs like FileZilla or CyberDuck. HTML editor like Notepad++ or Dreamweaver can also be used for the purpose.
- Database hosting: If a website needs to update large quantities of information through web, it will require a database to store this information. The most common database systems that are available for web hosting: MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle and MS Access. SQL Server and Oracle are suitable for high traffic database driven websites, MS Access for low traffic websites and MySQL for low cost database access.
- Registering own domain name: Web hosting services also allow you to register your own domain name. This domain name can be used to refer to your website. You can have a domain name even if it is your own website. It need not be an organization or business website. Even if you change your host, your regular visitors or customers will not have to inform about your changed web address as, your domain name will remain same. If it is a business, domain name will give you credibility.
- Redirecting domain: You might need to redirect domain name to move your visitors from an old website to a new one. Web hosts even offer the facility of redirecting a domain name to other websites.
- Domain Parking: Web hosts provide the service of domain parking. It is used to register internet domain name, even if that domain is not associated with services like e-mail or website. It may be done for reserving a domain for future development.
Google AdSense is a program that has been used by different webmasters to earn income online. The program is run by Google to offer advertising services to different companies. The program runs in such a way that it will display specific ads according to the geographical location of the website viewers. For you to earn from Google AdSense as a webmaster, there are things you need to know. First, you should ensure you have a website that is well designed. In case you don’t have enough knowledge on how to design a website, you can always hire a web designer for the services. Apart from creating a quality website, you should ensure you have traffic to your website. You will easily achieve the traffic after you decide to carry out search engine optimization services. The ads that you will place on your website for you to earn money from the program should be placed at the right locations.
Tips for you to increase your income from Google AdSense:
- Display both display ads and text based ads on your website.
For you to increase the cost per click of your ads, you should consider choosing an option of displaying both text based and display based ads. The options are provided by the AdSense program hence it will be upon you as a webmaster to choose one that will best suit you. Choosing the option of both ads will lead to creating competition in the ads location which will lead to more ads being displayed to site viewers to click on.
- Have suitable ad sizes.
There are different sizes of ads that you can choose to display on your website. For you to maximize income, you should do your own research and know the right size of ads that will tend to generate more income. From research it has been discovered that ads sizes of 160×600 (Wide Skyscraper), 300×250 (Medium rectangle) and 336×280 (Large rectangle) are among the best performing ads sizes.
- Insert ads in the right positions.
The best positions where you should place ads should be where the viewers will easily see them. Some of the best places where you can have your ads include the top left corner of the page, top of the content, below the content but above the comments or on the sidebar.
- Re-locate the Sidebar to the left.
For you to make your ads more visible, you should relocate the side bar to the left and have your ads on it. This will easily catch the eye of the readers because humans will have to read your webpage starting from the left. A side bar that has been relocated to the left will make them start reading content on your page starting from your ads.
- Limit the number of ads.
Too many ads on your webpage will make it look unprofessional. You should have less than 3 ads per page. A page that will look spammy due to too many ads displayed can easily keep visitors off due to the destruction that the ads will pose to them. This will lead to making you have low number of clicks which will impact negatively on the overall performance of your Google AdSense campaign.
- Add custom styles to ads.
In order to make your ads more visible, you should ensure the color of your theme and the color of the ads does not contradict each other in such a way that the visibility of the ads will be affected. You can always make changes to the color of the ads by customizing them so that they will be more visible.
- Remove the ad borders.
The borders of the ads can sometimes make your ads less visible. This can be a common case if the theme of your website does not match with the ads borders. After you get rid of the ads borders, you will make the background of the ads match the color of the theme which will avoid confusion hence making viewers eager to click on your ads.
- Insert ads within content.
Some visitors will not focus on the side bar where you may have placed your ads, you should place the ads in the middle of the content where they will pause and click on it. When placing the ads at the middle of the content you should avid overusing it to an extent where it will destruct the viewers from reading your content.